McDonald’s worker shines a light to reveal a mass of WORMS inside a soft drinks machine

Disgusting moment a McDonald’s worker shines a light to reveal a mass of WORMS inside a soft drinks machine at one of the chain’s London restaurants

This is the disgusting moment a McDonald’s worker shines a light to reveal a mass of worms inside a soft drinks machine at one the fast food chain’s restaurants.

The video was filmed at a branch in Old Kent Road, south London, and posted onto TikTok.

McDonald’s said the drinks station was ‘immediately closed’ once the issue was identified and a ‘deep clean’ was carried out.

This is the disgusting moment a McDonald’s worker shines a light to reveal a mass of worms inside a soft drinks machine at the fast food chain’s restaurant in Old Kent Road, south London

The video was filmed at a branch in Old Kent Road, south east London, and posted onto TikTok

The video was filmed at a branch in Old Kent Road, south east London, and posted onto TikTok

In the video, the person filming, reportedly a whistleblower working for the fast food chain, shines a light on the drain of a soft drinks machine.

It shows earthworms stuck to the top of the drain, below the signs for Coca-Cola, Fanta and Oasis.

The video is accompanied by the caption: ‘This is McDonald’s Old Kent Road in south London’. 

The worker initially claimed the creatures were maggots but McDonald’s said they were earthworms. 

McDonald's said the drinks station at the Old Kent Road chain (pictured) was 'immediately closed' once the issue was identified and a 'deep clean' was carried out

McDonald’s said the drinks station at the Old Kent Road chain (pictured) was ‘immediately closed’ once the issue was identified and a ‘deep clean’ was carried out

A McDonald’s spokesman told MyLondon: ‘We take cleanliness and hygiene extremely seriously.

‘Unfortunately, a number of weeks ago we were made aware of an issue in the drain serving the drinks station at our Old Kent Road restaurant.

‘We immediately closed the drinks station and our hygiene team identified the cause of the issue which was fixed before a deep clean was carried out.

‘The area was inspected by external specialists and no drinks were served to customers until we were sure that the issue was fully resolved.’

The spokesman also told the website it was an ‘isolated incident, not an infestation’.

McDonald’s was also forced to apologise and close its restaurant in Beckton last week after a video was posted showing maggots falling from the ceiling, and landing on tables and the floor.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *