Mother of murdered sisters whose bodies were photographed by cops calls for Met Commissioner to go

Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick was told ‘time to go’ this morning by the mother of two murdered sisters whose bodies were photographed and shared by her officers.

The under-fire police chief was slated by Mina Smallman who asked ‘This is the woman who is going to tackle what we are up against in the Met?’.

Ms Smallman – whose murdered daughters Bibaa Henry, 46, and Nicole Smallman, 27, were treated disrespectfully by PCs Jaffer and Lewis – had until today resisted calling for her to resign.

But this morning the former Church of England archdeacon said she now thought Dame Cressida should go over the cases involving her daughters and Sarah Everard’s kidnap, rape and murder.

She said the apologies she had given over the sub-standard police hunt after her children went missing, combined with the statement about Wayne Couzens outside court had made up her mind.

Ms Smallman said: ‘I don’t think so, time for her to go.

‘Up until she did the statement after the missing persons, the failure, the neglect in that particular procedure, I was so disappointed by what she said.

‘She said ‘We have been advised in the report to apologise to the family’ and I thought to myself if you need to be told by an organisation, because she knew it was true she had all the evidence.

Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick was told ‘time to go’ this morning by Mina Smallman

Bibaa Henry, 46,  and Nicole Smallman, 27, who were stabbed to death in Wembley last year

Bibaa Henry, 46,  and Nicole Smallman, 27, who were stabbed to death in Wembley last year

‘To compound that, when she did the statement outside the Old Bailey on behalf of Sarah Everard, I thought it was the worst presentation, she was shaking like a leaf, it was all scripted – this is the woman who is going to tackle what we are up against in the Met?

‘I’ve been asked time and time again whether she should resign,’ she added to GMB.

PC Jamie Lewis, 33, and PC Deniz Jaffer, 47, admitted taking and sharing images of the scene where the sisters were murdered in June last year.

Yesterday a disciplinary panel found them both guilty of gross misconduct.

Ms Smallman added: ‘We were told it had been sent out to members of the public. Is this some kind of cult fetish thing, where people are paying to have pictures of dead girls?

‘There were nine other officers sent that WhatsApp. Jaffer was a mentor of the cadets and he actually sent that to one of his mentees. 

PC Deniz Jaffer

PC Jamie Lewis

PC Deniz Jaffer and PC Jamie Lewis took and shared pictured of the two sisters’ dead bodies

Wayne Couzens kidnapped, raped and murdered Sarah Everard after staging a Covid arrest

Wayne Couzens kidnapped, raped and murdered Sarah Everard after staging a Covid arrest

Met Police chief’s dossier of shame 

‘It took me to the depths of darkness of how on earth you could do that?’

The two incidents Ms Smallman pinpointed in her criticism of Dame Cressida happened on September 30 and October 25.

The first came after a serving Met Police officer Wayne Couzens kidnapped, raped and murdered Sarah Everard after effecting a fake arrest in Clapham.

Speaking after his sentencing outside the Old Bailey, Dame Cressida said: ‘I am absolutely horrified that this man used his position of trust to deceive and coerce Sarah, and I know you all are too.

‘His actions were a grave betrayal of everything policing stands for.

‘He showed himself to be the coward he is. As the judge said, he has eroded confidence that the public is entitled to have in the police.

‘This man has brought shame on the Met. Speaking frankly, as an organisation, we have been rocked.’

Last month she made a statement after a damning IOPC report said the police’s response to reports Ms Smallman’s daughters were missing had been substandard.

Commissioner Cressida Dick said at the time: ‘My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Nicole and Bibaa for their tragic losses.

‘The way we responded to information that Nicole and Bibaa were missing that weekend was below the standard we should have achieved and compounded the distress felt by their loved ones.

‘While we know that very sadly Nicola and Bibaa had been murdered in the early hours of Saturday, 6 June 2020, before they were reported missing.

‘If we had responded better we may have saved their friends and family immeasurable pain.

‘I am very sorry that the level of service we provided fell short.

‘We have contacted the family to ask if they will allow me or, if they prefer, another senior officer to visit them at a time that is right to apologise in person.’

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *