MAFS Australia: Simon Blackburn removed from the show after vile videos

A groom from the upcoming season of Married At First Sight has been removed from the show after a string of videos resurfaced of him using vile homophobic and misogynistic language.

FIFO miner Simon Blackburn featured in an early trailer for the reality dating show, but a Nine spokesperson confirmed on Tuesday night he had been edited out after the network was made aware of his sick TikTok rants circulating online.

‘When unacceptable social media content was discovered in relation to Simon Blackburn we immediately took steps to remove him from the program,’ a Nine representative told The Wash.

‘We won’t be making further comment.’

Gone: A groom from the upcoming season of Married At First Sight, Simon Blackburn, has been removed from the show after a string of videos resurfaced of him using vile homophobic and misogynistic language

Viewers unearthed Blackburn’s twisted videos after Daily Mail Australia revealed on Monday he was one of the grooms set to appear on next year’s season. 

While most of his hateful ramblings were posted to TikTok, a social media platform popular with teenagers, arguably the most repulsive videos were broadcast on Instagram Live, where Blackburn described homosexuality as ‘f**king filth’.

‘You might as well just jump in a box, you’re gonna get AIDS,’ he said in the shocking footage.

‘If you are gay, you are gonna get AIDS. It’s just disgusting. It’s like filth, it’s actually filth. That sexual orientation is f**king filth.’

Dumped: Blackburn featured in an early trailer for the reality dating show, but a Nine spokesperson confirmed on Tuesday night he had been edited out after the network was made aware of his sick TikTok rants circulating online

Dumped: Blackburn featured in an early trailer for the reality dating show, but a Nine spokesperson confirmed on Tuesday night he had been edited out after the network was made aware of his sick TikTok rants circulating online 

Blackburn did not respond to Daily Mail Australia’s request for comment, but appeared to address his exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing a post on his private Instagram profile that was captioned: ‘Leave the past in the past.’

The father of two also asked people to stop asking him about the videos because he is suffering from Covid-19. 

He said: ‘To clarify, I haven’t posted on TikTok in six months and all videos of me are reposts or screenshots of lives from last year! Not my current thoughts or mindset!

‘No further comment will be given! I’ve got Covid let me rest!’

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Nine for further comment.

Response: Blackburn did not respond to our request for comment, but appeared to address his exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing this post on his private Instagram profile. The father of two also asked people to stop asking him about the videos because he has Covid-19

Response: Blackburn did not respond to our request for comment, but appeared to address his exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing this post on his private Instagram profile. The father of two also asked people to stop asking him about the videos because he has Covid-19

One shameful TikTok video showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he previously dated.

His foul-mouthed rant began: ‘Back in the day I used to be like, keep a b***h at home. I had that, the c**ts do f**king nothing, sit on YouTube all f**king day.

‘So if the 2021 world means we’ve got to chip in, help out with the kitchen and stuff – the b***h might as well make some f**king money.

‘No point having that c**t sitting at home all f**king day. You come home busting your a**e all day then you’ve got to chip in and do everything as well? The only time we’re gonna f**king chip in is if that c**t makes f**king money.’

Shocking: One shameful TikTok video showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he previously dated, saying: 'Back in the day I used to be like, keep a b***h at home. I had that, the c**ts do f**king nothing, sit on YouTube all f**king day'

Shocking: One shameful TikTok video showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he previously dated, saying: ‘Back in the day I used to be like, keep a b***h at home. I had that, the c**ts do f**king nothing, sit on YouTube all f**king day’

Another video saw him discussing how he matched with a ‘b**ch’ on dating app Hinge, claiming the female texted him saying she didn’t think she was his type.

‘All these f**king c***s think because they’ve seen a video of me on TikTok saying I don’t like women over 60 f**king kilos, that they’re not my type,’ he said in the video.

‘What the f**k has this got to do with me matching with this dumb c**t on f**king Hinge?

‘Do I need to go back on a platform and let the females of Australia know – yeah, my personal preference is not dating heaving f**king women?’

Following the announcement of his departure from the show, it’s not known if any of his scenes will air or if his on-screen bride will be given another opportunity to find love with a new groom.

Unknown future: Following the announcement of his departure from the show, it's not known if any of his scenes will air - or if his on-screen bride will be given another opportunity to find love with a new groom

Unknown future: Following the announcement of his departure from the show, it’s not known if any of his scenes will air – or if his on-screen bride will be given another opportunity to find love with a new groom

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *